Friday, January 16, 2009

Chili


It is –21 degrees in St. Paul today.
Our house, built in 1922, is creaking and popping as if to say, “Can you believe this weather? Why didn’t they build me in California?”
Believe me, I am thinking about packing our house and moving to San Francisco, which warmed up to 58 degrees today. Toasty!
Of course this will never happen because the CTO and I love St. Paul and have made many wonderful friends here.
Instead, I decide to warm myself with a nice bowl of chili. Everyone can agree it is the ultimate food on a cold winter night, if you have the time to let the pot of soup simmer for three hours.
I pulled the recipe from a combination of cookbooks and after stirring the ingredients every 15 minutes for three hours the reward was worth every turn of the wooden spoon.
You can find the recipe at Momentous Occasions by Natasha.

No comments: