Monday, October 27, 2008

Thrifty Thighs with Potatoes

So, what do I do with those chicken thighs I bought on sale at Cub Foods?
At $5.98 for two packages, I just couldn't resist.
But turning a chicken thigh into a flavorful food that's attractive for a family (even if it's just the two of us) can be challenging.
Since I'm not easily deterred, I opted to make seasame-flavored thighs with a side of potato, mushroom and onion medley.
The whole meal, which can easily feed four people, cost $6.64.

Here is what I spent:
Chicken: $2.99
Onion: 40 cents (I bought five onions for $2 at the farmer's market)
Red potatoes: $1 ( I bought a box of 20 for $2 at the farmer's market)
Mushrooms: $1.25 (I used 8 oz, but purchased a 16oz box for $2.50)
Spices: $1 estimate
To see the full recipe and pictures check out Momentous Occasions by Natasha.
Happy eating!

No comments: